Prospective students who are not legal citizens of the United States and are planning to enter the U.S. on an F-1 visa will need to submit the following required documentation no later than the stated deadlines, for consideration of acceptance to Cisco College. Please submit all documents, including the $100.00 (USD-US dollar) application fee, in one packet.
COLLECT AND SUBMIT ALL ITEMS IN ONE PACKET TO:
International Student Liaison
101 College Heights
Cisco, Texas 76437
If preferred you may email complete packets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Send paperwork directly to the International Student Liaison via mail or email-not to your coach or other department. If a packet is incomplete, an email identifying the missing requirements will be sent. All of the admission requirements must be met prior to the I-20 being issued. If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call 254-442-5134.
When I arrived at Cisco College, I was amazed by how helpful people were. In fact, as an international student, I expected to receive some judgment, but all I saw was respect. The teachers, the students and even the staff were willing to give a hand, and to provide a welcoming atmosphere.
– Jehana Karen Randrianajaina
- $100.00 (USD-US dollar) non-refundable International Student Application Fee-this fee must be received before a student ID is issued to a student. DUE TO THE COST AND EXPENSE OF MAILING TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES AN I-20 WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNTIL THE $100 (USD) APPLICATION FEE IS RECEIVED FROM THE APPLICANT. This is a required fee and is charged to ALL international students and is not covered by scholarships. This fee will need to be submitted in the form of a cashier's check or money order made out to Cisco College. *IMPORTANT: All documents that are not in English must be accompanied with an official translation.
- International Application- Please complete and print this application.
- Certificate of Health - Please print this form and take it to your medical doctor to be completed and signed.
- Legible copies of immunization records for: Diphtheria and Tetanus (within the last 10 years), Bacterial Meningitis (within the last 5 years), Poliomyelitis (types I, II and III), Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Please note: if records are not in English, translation is required.
- Official transcripts of completion from high school or a secondary school, and official transcripts from all colleges attended. To be official the transcript must be sealed in an envelope from the school. Opened (unofficial) transcripts will not be accepted. Foreign credentials must be accompanied by an official general evaluation completed by a current member of NACES- www.naces.org. Evaluation must indicate the applicant has completed the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma. Unofficial copies of evaluations will not be accepted. You can use any NACES member company to get an evaluation. However, we recommend SpanTran for discounted pricing, and quicker turnaround for Cisco College applicants. Please apply by clicking on the following link. SpanTran Transcript Evaluation Request
- Confirmation of Financial Resources- International students must show proof of having funds in the amount of $15,000 to cover tuition/fees, insurance, books, and living/personal expenses during their time as a student at Cisco College. Please review the estimated cost outline for an approximate idea of these expenses (subject to change at any time). International students living off campus will need to be prepared for additional expenses. Please print the "Confirmation of Financial Resources" form and have your, or your sponsor’s, financial institution complete, sign, and seal the appropriate areas. In addition you must also submit financial evidence of $15,000.00 USD, such as a current bank statement or official letter from the bank. Both documents must not be older than six (6) months at the time you begin classes. Please note: if you have been granted a scholarship for a Cisco College sport, you will need to submit evidence of the difference between the scholarship amount and the $15,000.00. You will also need to have funds to cover the $100 (USD) application fee.
- If English is not the official language of your home country, the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required. Website: www.ets.org/toefl Score report minimum scores: PBT– 500; iBT– 61. The IELTS score is also accepted-the minimum score is 6. Institution Code: 003553. The Duolingo score is accepted and must be at least a 85.
- Any documentation showing proof of dependents (if applicable).
- A copy of the front page of your passport showing your name, country of origin and the expiration date of the passport.
- Statement of Understanding - Please print and complete.
- Copies of all I-20’s issued since initial entrance into the United States, if applicable.
- All international students are required to provide proof of health insurance coverage prior to the first class day. Cisco College requires that all international students must have health and accident insurance for the length of time the student is enrolled in classes. The student may not allow health/accident insurance to lapse during their enrollment at Cisco College. The coverage for health/accident insurance must be purchased through International Student Protection (ISP).
- The coverage for international student athlete health insurance must be purchased through PGH Global/United Healthcare International Student Insurance Plan.
Insurance questions for Athletes:
Office (254) 442-5064
Cell (325) 439-6168
F-1 students wanting to transfer from another U.S. college must submit the following items in addition to those listed above, no later than the stated deadlines:
- A copy of your F-1 visa.
- A copy of your I-94 card (front and back).
- A copy of your current I-20 (all three pages).
- A copy of your Social Security card, if you have already been issued a card/number since having been in the United States.
- An Advisors Report completed by your current International Student Advisor.
Prospective students who have been granted acceptance to Cisco College will be notified by letter and an initial I-20, as soon as your documents have been processed. The student can then go to his or her Embassy to obtain the F-1 visa, unless they are already in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cisco College accepts F-1 visas only. Please note that students who do not have a Social Security number will be issued a Cisco College ID number.
Active F-1 students wishing to transfer to another institution need to have the Transfer Out form completed and return the completed form along with an acceptance letter from the institution to the International Liaison. SEVIS transfers can not be completed without this form.
Concurrent International Students
International students who are enrolled full-time at another college/university and who have SEVIS records that are maintained by that institution, but wish to concurrently enroll in courses at Cisco College, will need to submit the following documents to the International Student Liaison in order to register for courses at Cisco College:
- Official transcript from current college or university
- International Application Please complete and print this application.
- Proof of the Bacterial Meningitis vaccine given within the last five years
- Copies of current I-20, passport, F-1 visa, and I-94
- An Advisors Report completed by your current International Student Advisor
A Cisco College ID number will be issued to students who do not have a Social Security number.
SUBMIT ALL ITEMS TO:
International Student Liaison
101 College Heights
Cisco, Texas 76437
All items must be received by the International Student Liaison according to the following deadlines:
- July 1 for the August mini-mester
- July 15 for the Fall semester
- November 1 for the December mini-mester
- November 15 for the Spring semester
- April 1 for the May and July mini-mesters
- April 15 for the Summer semesters
CISCO COLLEGE F-1 STUDENTS TRANSFERRING OUT
Active F-1 students wishing to transfer to another institution need to have the Transfer Out form completed and return the completed form to the International Liaison. SEVIS transfers can not be completed without this form.