Prospective students who are not legal citizens of the United States and are planning to enter the U.S. on an F-1 visa will need to submit the following required documentation no later than the stated deadlines, for consideration of acceptance to Cisco College. Please submit all documents In one packet.
COLLECT AND SUBMIT ALL ITEMS IN ONE PACKET TO:
International Student Liaison
101 College Heights
Cisco, Texas 76437
If preferred you may email complete packets to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Send paperwork directly to the International Student Liaison via mail or email-not to your coach or other department. If a packet is incomplete, an email identifying the missing requirements will be sent. All of the admission requirements must be met prior to the I-20 being issued. If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call 254-442-5134.
When I arrived at Cisco College, I was amazed by how helpful people were. In fact, as an international student, I expected to receive some judgment, but all I saw was respect. The teachers, the students and even the staff were willing to give a hand, and to provide a welcoming atmosphere.
– Jehana Karen Randrianajaina
- International Application- Please complete the form-the email of the applicant (not a parent or sponsor) must be included on the application.
- Certificate of Health - Please print this form and take it to your medical doctor to be completed and signed.
- Legible copies of immunization records for: Diphtheria and Tetanus (within the last 10 years), Bacterial Meningitis (within the last 5 years), Poliomyelitis (types I, II and III), Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Please note: if records are not in English, translation is required.
- Official transcript evaluation from SpanTran for all foreign transcripts. Cisco College has partnered with SpanTran for discounted pricing, and quicker turnaround for Cisco College applicants. Evaluation requests can be completed by clicking on on the following link SpanTran Transcript Evaluation Request. Evaluations for secondary/high school transcripts must indicate the applicant has completed the equivalent of a U.S. high school diploma. Applicants who are transferring from a United States college or university must also send official transcripts from all colleges attended. To be considered official the transcripts must be received by Cisco College from the school through the mail or through an official electronic transcript service. Unofficial/opened copies of evaluations/transcripts will not be accepted.
- Confirmation of Financial Resources- The completed Confirmation of Financial Resources form must be submitted. Supporting documents such as a bank statement must be submitted as well. International students must show proof of having funds in the amount of $15,000 to cover tuition/fees, insurance, books, and living/personal expenses for one academic year at Cisco College. Please review the estimated cost outline for an approximate idea of these expenses (subject to change at any time). International students living off campus will need to be prepared for additional expenses. Please print the "Confirmation of Financial Resources" form and have your, or your sponsor’s, financial institution complete, sign, and seal the appropriate areas. In addition you must also submit financial evidence of $15,000.00 USD, such as a current bank statement or official letter from the bank stating the required funds are available. Both documents must not be older than six (6) months at the time you begin classes. Please note: if you have been granted a scholarship for a Cisco College sport, you will need to submit evidence of the difference between the scholarship amount and the $15,000.00. You will need to have funds to cover the $100 (USD) application fee, the $100 (USD) housing application fee (Cisco campus only), medical insurance, travel, and personal expenses.
- If English is not the official language of your home country, the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required. Website: www.ets.org/toefl Score report minimum scores: PBT– 500; iBT– 61. The IELTS score is also accepted-the minimum score is 6. Institution Code: 003553. The Duolingo score is accepted and must be at least a 85.
- Any documentation showing proof of dependents (if applicable).
- A copy of the front page of your passport showing your name, country of origin and the expiration date of the passport.
- Statement of Understanding - Please print and complete.
- Copies of all I-20’s issued since initial entrance into the United States, if applicable.
- $100.00 (USD-US dollar) non-refundable International Student Application Fee. Once all of the required documents are submitted a student ID will be issued and the student will be notified they have been accepted and given instructions on paying the application fee. Cisco College has partnered with a provider for international tuition payments. The fee can be paid online from any country in any currency at better than bank exchange rates. AN I-20 WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNTIL THE $100 (USD) APPLICATION FEE IS RECEIVED FROM THE APPLICANT. This is a required fee and is charged to ALL international students and is not covered by scholarships.
- All international students are required to provide proof of health insurance coverage prior to the first class day. Cisco College requires that all international students must have health and accident insurance for the length of time the student is enrolled in classes. The student may not allow health/accident insurance to lapse during their enrollment at Cisco College. The coverage for health/accident insurance must be purchased through International Student Protection (ISP).
- The coverage for international student athlete health insurance must be purchased through PGH Global/United Healthcare International Student Insurance Plan.
Insurance questions for Athletes:
Office (254) 442-5064
Cell (325) 439-6168
F-1 students wanting to transfer from another U.S. college must submit the following items in addition to those listed above, no later than the stated deadlines:
- A copy of your F-1 visa.
- A copy of your I-94 card (front and back).
- A copy of your current I-20 (all three pages).
- A copy of your Social Security card, if you have already been issued a card/number since having been in the United States.
- An Advisors Report completed by your current International Student Advisor.
Prospective students who have been granted acceptance to Cisco College will be notified by letter and an initial I-20, as soon as your documents have been processed. The student can then go to his or her Embassy to obtain the F-1 visa, unless they are already in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cisco College accepts F-1 visas only. Please note that students who do not have a Social Security number will be issued a Cisco College ID number.
Active F-1 students wishing to transfer to another institution need to have the Transfer Out form completed and return the completed form along with an acceptance letter from the institution to the International Liaison. SEVIS transfers can not be completed without this form.
Concurrent International Students
International students who are enrolled full-time at another college/university and who have SEVIS records that are maintained by that institution, but wish to concurrently enroll in courses at Cisco College, will need to submit the following documents to the International Student Liaison in order to register for courses at Cisco College:
- Official transcript from current college or university
- International Application Please complete and print this application.
- Proof of the Bacterial Meningitis vaccine given within the last five years
- Copies of current I-20, passport, F-1 visa, and I-94
- An Advisors Report completed by your current International Student Advisor
A Cisco College ID number will be issued to students who do not have a Social Security number.
SUBMIT ALL ITEMS TO:
International Student Liaison
101 College Heights
Cisco, Texas 76437
All items must be received by the International Student Liaison according to the following deadlines:
- July 1 for the August mini-mester
- July 15 for the Fall semester
- November 1 for the December mini-mester
- November 15 for the Spring semester
- April 1 for the May and July mini-mesters
- April 15 for the Summer semesters
CISCO COLLEGE F-1 STUDENTS TRANSFERRING OUT
Active F-1 students wishing to transfer to another institution need to have the Transfer Out form completed and return the completed form to the International Liaison. SEVIS transfers can not be completed without this form.