Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirements
Cisco College in compliance with Texas Education Code, Section 51.9192, Subchapter Z, as amended by the 83rd Texas Legislature, requires the bacterial meningitis vaccination for all entering students under the age of 22. Students must provide to the Cisco College Enrollment Services Office, a certificate signed by a health practitioner indicating they have been vaccinated against bacterial meningitis.
Cisco College and the Texas Education Code make these provisions applicable to entering students enrolling or transferring to Cisco College.
Acceptable Evidence of Vaccination:
- Signature or stamp of a physician or his/her designee, or public health personnel on a form which shows the month, day, and year the vaccination dose or booster was administered;
- An official immunization record generated from a state or local health authority; or
- An official record received from school officials, including a record from another state.
A student is not required to submit evidence of receiving the bacterial meningitis vaccination or evidence of a booster dose if the student meets the age exemption or if the student is enrolled only in online or other distance education courses (students enrolled in only online courses must submit the exemption form).
A student is not required to submit evidence of the bacterial meningitis vaccination if the following are submitted:
- An affidavit or a certificate signed by a physician who is duly registered and licensed to practice medicine in the United States, in which it is stated that, in the physician’s opinion, the required vaccination would be injurious to the health and well-being of the student; or
- Students enrolling in public junior colleges wishing to claim an exemption for reasons of conscience should complete the online form (under the heading "Obtaining an Affidavit for Community College or Public Junior College") available at the Texas DSHS website. After entering all the requested information, students print the form, sign and date it, and submit the form when registering for courses. Students may obtain the form by visiting the Texas Department of State Health Services website.
For information and questions concerning the required bacterial meningitis vaccination, contact the Cisco College Enrollment Services Office at (254) 442-5132. Documents may be faxed to (254) 442-1449 or emailed to the Admission Specialist.