Veteran Student Services
General Checklist for Cisco College Veterans using VA Benefits
1. Apply for admission to Cisco College.
2. Submit required documents for admission (transcripts, shot records, etc.)
3. Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov (optional)
4. Apply for your VA benefit at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
5. Talk to a college counselor about your degree plan and courses
6. Register for class online through your Campus Connect account.
7. Talk to the Veterans Services office and turn in the following information:
A. Information Sheet (from the VA office at Cisco College)
B. Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
C. DD214 - member 4 OR NOBE
D. All college and military transcripts
E. Placement test scores (if required)
Cisco College Veterans Services Office
Mrs. Barbara Pitman, School Certifying Official
Phone: (325) 794-4465
Fax: (325) 692-2530
Apply For Education Benefits
You will use the VONAPP if you are a U.S. military veteran, a service member on active duty, a member of the Selected Reserve, a spouse/dependent of a "service connected" disabled or deceased veteran, or a family member that has been approved to receive transferred benefits. If you have previously filed a claim for education benefits, use VONAPP only if you are filing for a different education benefit or if you are changing schools or programs under your current benefit program; for example, if you are eligible for two benefit programs, currently using one, but would like to begin using the other benefit program. If you have a pending application, don't use VONAPP to resubmit your claim. It will slow down processing. If you would like to know the status of a pending claim, contact the Education Division by calling 1-888-GI BILL 1 (1-888-442-4551).
GI Bill® Chapter Information
- Ch30 Montgomery GI Bill®
- Ch31 VA Vocational Rehabilitation Students
- Ch33 Post 9/11 General Information
- Ch35 Survivors & Dependents Educational Assistance Program
- Ch1606 Montgomery GI Bill® – Selected Reserves
- Ch1607 Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Not sure which benefit to choose?
- Direct Deposit Information
- Ch30 – Verify your attendance each month! OR Call the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone line at 1-877-823-2378.
Military Personnel Records
In order to request copies of military records visit: www.archives.gov
The Texas Veteran Commission administers a state benefit entitled the Hazlewood Act. Eligibility for Hazlewood is determined by the institution granting the exemption. Students who qualify under the Hazlewood Act are exempted from paying tuition and required fees, provided such students are enrolled in state-funded courses. Examples of courses which do not qualify for the Hazlewood exemption include CNA classes. The exemption is based on the hours you are enrolled in, and not the amount of the tuition itself.
For additional information, contact the Financial Aid Office.
According to the Veterans Administration, every student enrolled at Cisco College must follow a Cisco College degree plan to receive their benefits. Every semester we recommend that you visit a counselor who will assist you in selecting the correct degree plan to ensure that the classes you are taking for transfer will be covered.
The VA will pay for developmental courses only if the student has taken the placement test and the resulting scores must indicate a need for developmental education.
Each semester that you register for class, it is your responsibility to tell the Veterans Services office that you are ready to be certified. Failure to let the office know will result in your classes not being certified and you risk being dropped for the semester. Please call 325.794.4465 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by my office when you register for class.