This is a 100-hour course that includes lecture and clinical components, and prepares students to take the State of Texas examination to become a Certified Nurse Aide by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services. This program provides students with a level of knowledge, skills, theory, concepts, and abilities essential to provide safe care to the residents of long term care facilities. You will be prepared for entry-level employment in long term care facilities, doctor's offices, and hospitals.
Successful completion of the Certified Nurse Aide certificate makes one eligible to take the State of Texas Certified Nurse Aide Certification Licensing Exam.
Students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be at least 17 years old or up
- Provide proof of the following immunizations
- Hepatitis B (3 series; takes up to 6 months to complete)
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDap; within the last 10 yearsO
- Mumps/Measles/Rubella (MMR; 2 series)
- Varicella (2 doses; or proof that you have had the chicken pox)
- Negative Tuberculosis Skin Test (within the last 12 months)
- Annual Flu Vaccine
- Meningococcal (all students under 22 years of age; within the last 5 years) Note: some immunizations can take up to 6 months to complete, so please plan ahead.
- Purchase uniform
- Scrub top and bottom
- White shoes (leather; CANNOT be mesh or canvas)
- Watch with a second hand
- Have an original Social Security Card
- Have a government issued photo ID; name on ID must match name on Social Security Card.
- Pass a criminal background check (must be free of felony convictions)
- Respect confidential nature of medical information
September 13th - October 11th, 2019
October 25th - November 22nd, 2019
January 10th - February 7th, 2020
February 21st - March 20th, 2020
April 3rd - May 1st, 2020
May 15th - June 12th, 2020
June 26th - July 24th, 2020
August 7th - September 4th, 2020
Friday 2pm - 10pm and Saturday 8am - 8pm
* These dates are subject to change *
This program is 5 weeks long. Classes are held Fridays and Saturdays. Friday from 2pm to 10pm, and Saturday from 8am to 8pm at the Abilene Campus in Room #233.
We are currently taking application packets for the August 9th, 2019 CNA class.
What Can This Program Do For You
Certified Nurse Aide
Nursing Home Administrator
Geriatric Care Manager
Links to the following websites are provided for your convenience and information and do not constitute official endorsement by Cisco College.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics ‘Occupational Outlook Handbook’ can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Career One Stop is a resource for career exploration, training, skill sets, wages & jobs.
Cisco College provided me with encouragement and the confidence to know that the world is in my grasp. That’s how my teachers at Cisco make me feel, that I can conquer anything.
– Latrice Gooden