Cisco College offers a one-year Vocational Nursing program, leading to a certificate in vocational nursing, which prepares the graduate to take the licensure exam. The program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. Licensure must be granted by the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas.
A limited number of students are accepted in each class. As a result, the admittance process is deliberate and decisive.
The Vocational Nursing Program accepts three classes of nursing students each year. Please complete the application process in conjunction with the following schedule:
- January - September term
- Deadline to Apply: September 30th
- May - January term
- Deadline to Apply: January 31st
- August - May term
- Deadline to Apply: May 31st
- Must be a Certified Nurse Aide
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher in all pre-requisite courses
- Score 75% or higher on the HESI (Health Education System, Inc.)
- Up to date on all immunizations
- Additional components may be considered
BIOL 2401 Anatomy & Physiology I (4 Hours)
BIOL 2402 Anatomy & Physiology II (4 Hours)
MDCA 1313 Medical Terminology (3 Hours)
What Can This Program Do For You
First Semester - Fall Second Semester - Spring VNSG 1331 Pharmacology 3 VNSG 1429 Medical Surgical Nursing I 4 VNSG 1227 Medication Administration 2 VNSG 1260 Clinical for Med Surg Nursing 2 VNSG 1304 Foundations of Nursing 3 VNSG 1432 Medical Surgical Nursing II 4 VNSG 1423 Basic Nursing Skills 4 VNSG 2260 Clinical for Med Surg Nursing 2 Clinical 1 1 TOTAL 13 TOTAL 12 Third Semester - Summer VNSG 1230 Maternal-Neonatal Nursing 2 VNSG 2160 Clinical for Maternal-Neonatal Nursing 1 VNSG 1234 Pediatrics 2 VNSG 2161 Clinical for Pediatrics 1 VNSG 2431 Advanced Nursing Skills 4 VNSG 2261 Clinical for Advanced Nursing 2 TOTAL 12
Potential Career Paths
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
Links to the following websites are provided for your convenience and information and do not constitute official endorsement by Cisco College.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics ‘Occupational Outlook Handbook’ can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Career One Stop is a resource for career exploration, training, skill sets, wages & jobs.
You put in the work we put in, if not more, and some of the best nurses come out of this program. I’m biased, but I do believe that.
– Mel Mendoza