Cisco College offers a one-year Vocational Nursing program, leading to a certificate in vocational nursing, which prepares the graduate to take the licensure exam. Licensure must be granted by the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas.
A limited number of students are accepted in each class. As a result, the admittance process is deliberate and decisive.
The Vocational Nursing Program accepts three classes of nursing students each year. Please complete the application process in conjunction with the following schedule:
- January - September term
- Deadline to Apply: October 15th
- May - January term
- Deadline to Apply: February 15th
- August - May term
- Deadline to Apply: June 15th
- Must be a Certified Nurse Aide
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher in all pre-requisite courses
- Score 75% or higher on the HESI (Health Education System, Inc.)
- Up to date on all immunizations
- Additional components may be considered
BIOL 2401 Anatomy & Physiology I (4 Hours)
BIOL 2402 Anatomy & Physiology II (4 Hours)
MDCA 1313 Medical Terminology (3 Hours)
What Can This Program Do For You
Potential Career Paths
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
Links to the following websites are provided for your convenience and information and do not constitute official endorsement by Cisco College.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics ‘Occupational Outlook Handbook’ can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Career One Stop is a resource for career exploration, training, skill sets, wages & jobs.
First Semester - Fall Second Semester - Spring VNSG 1331 Pharmacology 3 VNSG 1429 Medical Surgical Nursing I 4 VNSG 1227 Medication Administration 2 VNSG 1260 Clinical for Med Surg Nursing 2 VNSG 1304 Foundations of Nursing 3 VNSG 1432 Medical Surgical Nursing II 4 VNSG 1423 Basic Nursing Skills 4 VNSG 2260 Clinical for Med Surg Nursing 2 Clinical 1 1 TOTAL 13 TOTAL 12 Third Semester - Summer VNSG 1230 Maternal-Neonatal Nursing 2 VNSG 2160 Clinical for Maternal-Neonatal Nursing 1 VNSG 1234 Pediatrics 2 VNSG 2161 Clinical for Pediatrics 1 VNSG 2431 Advanced Nursing Skills 4 VNSG 2261 Clinical for Advanced Nursing 2 TOTAL 12
You put in the work we put in, if not more, and some of the best nurses come out of this program. I’m biased, but I do believe that.
– Mel Mendoza