Students pursuing a certificate in National Phlebotomy will take courses focused on skill development in the performance of a variety of blood collection methods using proper techniques and standard precautions. This includes vacuum devices, syringes, capillary skin puncture, butterfly needles and blood culture, and specimen collection on adults, children and infants. Emphasis on infection prevention, patient identification, specimen labeling, quality assurance, specimen handling, processing, accessioning, professionalism, ethics, and medical terminology.
The program is 8 weeks long and classes will be held Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6:00 - 9:30 p.m. The cost of the course is $800 with additional cost for background check and drug screen. We are now taking packets for the Summer 2019 semester Phlebotomy class. The class is filling fast and it is first come first serve.
August 26 - October 17, 2019
October 22 - December 12
January 13 - March 5, 2020
March 16 - May 7, 2020
* These dates are subject to change*
What Can This Program Do For You
Potential Career Paths
- Phlebotomy Specialist
- Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
- Traveling Phlebotomist
- Donor Phlebotomy Specialist
Links to the following websites are provided for your convenience and information and do not constitute official endorsement by Cisco College.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics ‘Occupational Outlook Handbook’ can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Career One Stop is a resource for career exploration, training, skill sets, wages & jobs.
The professors at Cisco College are the most genuine and friendliest people. All the teachers are there for each student and want each and every one of us to succeed in the class room. Cisco College was like a second home to me for two years. Walking through the halls and having counselors and even the teachers talk to you was nice. It makes you feel like somebody.
– – Chad Brooks