The Political Science Department at Cisco College offers courses in both Federal and State Government. An Associate of Arts Degree with an emphasis in Political Science is designed to prepare students to become active, engaged citizens who are well qualified for government or other work. Government jobs exist at the federal, state, and local levels. Relevant positions are also available in nonprofit organizations and the business sector. Political Science courses at Cisco College also correspond with the requirements to transfer and attain a Bachelor's Degree from a four-year institution. Please see the Cisco College Course Catalog for detailed course information.
Political Science students at Cisco College acquire skills desired by 21st Century employers including:
- The ability to write and speak well
- Innovative problem solving
- A strong sense of ethics and integrity
- Application of practical knowledge
What Can This Program Do For You
Potential Career Paths
- Campaign Worker
- Public Opinion Analyst
- Legislative Assistant
- Media Specialist
- Law Clerk
- Information Resources Specialist
- Government Relations Specialist
- Policy Specialist
The pre-law area of study at Cisco College is a great first step for students who wish to pursue a Bachelor's Degree in pre-law studies, history, or political science. Upon completion of the pre-law area of study at Cisco College, students are prepared for transfer into pre-law programs at a 4-year institution. A Bachelor's Degree in pre-law is a pre-professional degree leading to law school.
Potential Career Paths:
- Legal Assistant
- Victim's Advocate
Links to the following websites are provided for your convenience and information and do not constitute official endorsement by Cisco College.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics ‘Occupational Outlook Handbook’ can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Career One Stop is a resource for career exploration, training, skill sets, wages & jobs.
Cisco College represents opportunity to me. Cisco College offers a cost-effective education that is much more intimate than one would receive elsewhere. Lectures are small, allowing my experience to be much more personable. Attending a school that creates an environment of learning and connection is helping me reach my goals as a young adult.
– Mychellya Shadle