Need help studying but can't make it to campus? Try our online tutoring available through Upswing. It is free for all students currently enrolled at Cisco College and available 24/7. With Upswing, you can get help from professional tutors in subjects such as Algebra, Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Economics, History, Literature, and more. See the instructions below to get started.
Along with online tutoring, Cisco College students also have access to Ana, Upswing's Virtual Assistant, to get help with assignments, reminders about tutoring and important semester dates, writing, and more. All through SMS.
You should receive your first text from Ana, (254) 845-7540, at the start of the semester. We hope you'll give Ana a try. If you don't like it, you can reply "STOP" to end the messages.
How to Log in to Upswing
1. Visit https://cisco.upswing.io.
2. If you already have an Upswing account, log in. Otherwise, click on "New User." Enter your Cisco College email address (ending in @students.cisco.edu) and hit "Submit".
3. If your email is in the Upswing system, you will receive a welcome email with a link to set a new password and log in.
If your email is not initially recognized, you will receive an email that says "More Information is Needed" to verify. Click on the link in the email and fill out the form. This will take about 2-3 business days to process. After verification, you will receive an email to set your password and log in.
How to Schedule a Session
1. After logging in, select "Meet with a tutor" on your homepage or click on "Tutoring" in the blue panel to the left.
2. Use the search bar at the top to search for a subject, specific course, or name of a coach.
3. Select a coach from the results to see their profile, qualifications, star rating, and tutoring schedule.
4. You can message the coach, schedule a session, or have an immediate session (limited availa).
How to Enter a Session
1. After you schedule or start an immediate session, you will receive a request to enter into the Virtual Learning Classroom.
2. Once your session is about to start, click "Go to Room" in the Upcoming Sessions" section on your profile.
3. When you enter the Virtual Learning Classroom, you’ll be able to start the tutoring session with your coach.
- What to Expect
If you have questions, contact Online@cisco.edu.