Canvas is our platform for digital learning. As a distance education student, you'll access course content, interact with your instructors and classmates, submit assignments, and receive instructor feedback. If you are an in-person student, your instructor may use Canvas for its communication features or supplemental learning.
After you've registered for your first course, you can access Canvas:
- Visit ciscocollege.instructure.com
- The username is your Cisco College Gmail, which follows this format:
- The password is your Student ID, without the dash. Please do not use your SSN; it differs from your Student ID. If you do not know your Student ID, you can log in to Campus Connect.
Jane Doe, with Student ID (1234-56789)
Canvas Email/ Username: Jane.Doe6789@students.cisco.edu
Canvas Password: 123456789
- If you are new to Cisco College, you must register for courses before you can access Canvas. Registration is when you (or an Academic Advisor) add specific courses to your schedule in Campus Connect.
- After registering, it can take up to one business day for your Canvas account to be created and the courses added.
- Use your Student ID to create your email and password, not your Social Security Number. They are different numbers. If you don't know your Student ID, log in to Campus Connect using your SSN. The Student ID is nine digits and will be in parentheses next to your name. If you are having trouble logging in to Campus Connect, the contact information for Admissions is provided at the bottom of the Campus Connect screen.
- Use your full name, as shown in Campus Connect, to create your credentials. Ex: Jane Doe Smith would use Jane.DoeSmith6789@students.cisco.edu
- Leave out hyphens, apostrophes, and spaces when creating your email. Ex: Jane Doe-Smith would use: Jane.DoeSmith6789@students.cisco.edu
- Do not use the dash when entering your Student ID number as your password.
- Verify that you are typing "students" not "student" in your email address.
- Only visit the Cisco College Canvas page: https://ciscocollege.instructure.com. Cisco College credentials will not work on any other Canvas websites.
Know your password and want to change it?
Visit your User Settings in Canvas.
Can't remember your password and need to reset it?
Use the "Forgot Password" link on the Cisco College Canvas website. Verify that you can access your Cisco College Gmail account BEFORE using this function. Password reset emails are sent to your Cisco College Gmail inbox within five minutes and expire after two hours.
Is the "Forgot Password" link on the Canvas website not working?
Email email@example.com and provide your Student ID. A password reset from the administrator can take 1-2 business days.
Do I need to access my Cisco College Gmail account before I can log in to Canvas?
No, they are separate accounts. Canvas will work without using your Gmail account. However, Gmail is the default email for Canvas notifications. Additionally, you are encouraged to check your Gmail account frequently so you don't miss out on college news.
How can I see a list of all my courses in Canvas?
From the Canvas Global Navigation Menu, select Courses, then “All Courses.” Star published courses you would like to keep in your Course Menu/ Dashboard.
Why can’t I see all the courses I am registered for in Canvas?
After registering, allow up to one business day for the course(s) to be available in Canvas. If it has been more than one business day, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can see all my courses in Canvas, but I why can't I access them?
Canvas courses are not accessible to students until the instructor publishes them. If you are taking an online class and the instructor has not published the course by 8am of the start date, email email@example.com and provide the course information (ex: HIST 1302). If the course is face-to-face, the instructor will let you know during the first week of the semester if/how Canvas will be used.
How do I access the Cisco College Libraries, Writing Center, and online tutoring in Canvas?
All Cisco College Canvas users can access these courses by clicking on the "Resources" folder in the Canvas Global Navigation Menu. Locate the link for Support Services.
What are the technology requirements for using Canvas?
Canvas has provided a list of browser and computer requirements. Cisco College recommends using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox though because they are most compatible with Canvas.
Canvas provides a student app for mobile devices. The app is free and available to download from iOS and Android app stores. After downloading the app, search for Cisco College.
The login credentials will be the same as with the Canvas website. If you are near a computer and logged into Canvas, you can log in to your mobile app using a QR code.
The Canvas Student app should supplement, not replace, your computer. Not all features may be available in the app. Avoid taking quizzes or submitting discussion posts with a mobile device because mobile networks may drop the signal and close out the quiz.
Canvas Guides: Answer all of your "How do I" questions by reviewing Canvas tutorials.
Canvas Student Orientation: Visit the Student Resources webpage to sign up for the free online course that introduces Canvas.
Canvas Status Page: Receiving errors? Check if Canvas is misbehaving.
Online@cisco.edu: Email for password resets and technical assistance if you can't find your answer in the Canvas Guides.