Cisco College is proud to partner with the Abilene Chamber of Commerce as an education provider in the West Texas Business Navigator Program - a program funded by a Small Business Association grant designed to provide free training for small businesses owned by women, socially and economically disadvantaged, and underserved entrepreneurs.
As a spoke in the program's Hub & Spoke model, Cisco College is providing continuing education training to support the entrepreneurial community.
Business owners and entrepreneurs can learn more about the West Texas Business Navigator Program and submit an application to the Abilene Chamber here.
Business Navigator Training Offered by Cisco College:
CompTIA Certification Series - starting Nov 5
Cisco College is partnering with Collin College to offer CompTIA Certification for employees from local industry and community partners.
CompTIA is an international, vendor-neutral certification recognized by major hardware and software vendors, distributors, and resellers. Collin College is a CompTIA Authorized Academy, which means certified instructors teach the approved curriculum that prepares students for the certification exams.
Students may complete all 4 certification courses in the series, or enter based on their current certification level:
- CompTIA A+ Comprehensive coverage of CompTIA's A+ Core Hardware and OS Technologies objectives prepare students for both A+ exams.
- CompTIA Network+ Preparation for CompTIA's Network + exam, validating technical competency in networking administration and support. Prerequisites: CompTIA A+ Certification.
- CompTIA Security+ Preparation for CompTIA's Security + exam, validating technical competency in security administration and support. Prerequisites: CompTIA Net+ Certification.
Each course includes 36 hours of instruction delivered over 3 weeks.
Courses are taught live via Zoom and offered on weekends and evenings.
- Saturdays 8am – 5pm & Sundays 1-5pm OR
- Tues., Wed., & Thurs. evenings 6-10pm
4 seats available in course series beginning November 5.
Application and vetting process is required. Waitlist will be created for future courses.
$0 cost to students! Grant funds pay for registration fee, course materials, and certification exam.
How to apply for Cisco College's Business Navigator CompTIA Certification Series:
- Complete a Cisco College application.
- in section IV. Educational Information, select "Continuing Ed Non-Credit" as your intended Program/Major.
- Complete Cisco's CompTIA Certification vetting form.
Cisco will contact applicants selected for the Nov 5 class or placement on the waitlist.
Have questions? Email Beth.Jackson@cisco.edu
Previous Business Navigator Training Offered by Cisco College
All training was offered as self-paced, fully online workshops facilitated by Cisco College Business and Management faculty members.
- Leadership & Management Styles - July 1-31, 2022
- Marketing, Social Media, & Branding - August 2022
- Financial Planning - September 2022
Check back for announcements of additional training topics & formats!
Have a request for training you'd like to take? Email us! email@example.com