If the item that you need is not available from the Cisco College Libraries please use the World Catalog Database to locate the item and request it through Interlibrary Loan. Interlibrary Loan requests are submitted through the World Catalog system in the Library of Texas database located on the Library Canvas course module.
To place an Interlibrary Loan Request: Please contact Samuel Stewart at (254) 442-5011 for additional assistance.
The loan period for borrowed materials is determined by the lending library. You may usually have the item for 2-4 weeks from the time of receipt. Any special requests by the lending institution must be honored, for example, “14 day Loan,” “No Renewals,” or “In-Library Use Only.”
Please note: Although your library borrowing privileges might entitle you to 3 weeks or semester checkouts for items owned by the Cisco Libraries, these loan periods DO NOT APPLY to materials borrowed from other libraries. Please observe the due date on the book band covering the ILL book. Do not remove the book band!
The Library will not place an Inter Library loan request for any of the following categories of materials:
- Items available from the Cisco College Libraries in any format, including microform or electronic.
- Items available on Course Reserve at either of the Cisco College Libraries.
- Textbooks required/recommended for use in classes. (Textbooks are available for purchase in the Cisco College Bookstore.)
- Standardized test preparation books (i.e. LSAT, GRE, MCAT, etc.)
- Items which the lender is charging Cisco College to borrow, and would cost more than the requestor has indicated that he or she is willing to pay.
Books listed as "Lost" in Alexandria, provided that they not currently on Reserve or a Textbook required for classes.
Problem Request Types
The following categories of materials may be difficult or impossible to obtain. The Library Staff will attempt to do so, but these are often subject to more restrictive lending policies at most libraries and may not be available:
- Non-circulating materials (often: reference books, rare or very old books, archival materials, special collections, etc.)
- Very new books and current bestsellers
- Entire issues of periodicals
- Audiovisual materials (videos, CDs. etc.)
- Genealogical materials
- Patents, standards, specifications, and internal corporate/technical reports
- Non-circulating theses and dissertations. In many cases these may be available for purchase through a service called Dissertation Express
Fines for Late Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Materials
- $1.00 per day per item to a maximum of $50.00 per item
- Fines may also be assessed by the lending institution based upon their fine schedule.
Note: Due dates for ILL materials are determined by the lending institution. ILL materials cannot be renewed.
Fines for Lost/Damaged Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Materials
Cost of the item as determined by the lending library, including penalties paid by the Cisco College Libraries for failure to return the item. Minimum fine is $75.00**.
**The replacement cost of items only available in sets will be the replacement cost of the entire set.
ILL is a service enabling users to have books and photocopies sent from either Cisco College Library. Since these books are owned by Cisco College, normal checkout periods apply. This service is available to anyone who is eligible for a Cisco College library card. It can take 24 to 48 hours to receive an item from the opposite campus.
**Embedded Interlibrary loan Books PDF will be deleted
**Interlibrary loan articles PDF will be deleted