Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirements
Cisco College in compliance with Texas Education Code, Section 51.9192, Subchapter Z, as amended by the 82nd Texas Legislature, now requires the bacterial meningitis vaccination for all entering students under the age of thirty (30). Students must provide to the Cisco College Enrollment Services Office, a certificate signed by a health practitioner indicating they have been vaccinated against bacterial meningitis.
Cisco College and the Texas Education Code make these provisions applicable to entering students only enrolling or transferring to Cisco College on or after January 1, 2012.
Acceptable Evidence of Vaccination:
- Signature or stamp of a physician or his/her designee, or public health personnel on a form which shows the month, day, and year the vaccination dose or booster was administered;
- An official immunization record generated from a state or local health authority; or
- An official record received from school officials, including a record from another state.
A student is not required to submit evidence of receiving the bacterial meningitis vaccination or evidence of a booster dose if the student is 30 years of age or older or if the student is enrolled only in online or other distance education courses.
A student is not required to submit evidence of the bacterial meningitis vaccination if the following are submitted
Website for requesting affidavit forms
- An affidavit or a certificate signed by a physician who is duly registered and licensed to practice medicine in the United States, in which it is stated that, in the physician’s opinion, the required vaccination would be injurious to the health and well-being of the student; or
- An affidavit signed by the student stating that the student declines the vaccination for bacterial meningitis for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief. A conscientious exemption form from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board must be used.
STUDENTS REQUESTING EXEMPTION PLEASE COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM AND RETURN IT TO THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE. Exemption Form
For information and questions concerning the required bacterial meningitis vaccination, contact the Cisco College Enrollment Services Office at 254-442-5130 or email Admissions@cisco.edu