Cosmetology training at Cisco College prepares students to work in the personal appearance industry. Cosmetologists may be trained to work as hairstylists, colorists, nail technicians, platform artists or facial make-up artists Cosmetologists work in diverse environments, including independent salons, spa salons, national franchises and independent chains.
Cisco College offers admission to the cosmetology program three times each year: fall, spring or summer. Fall and spring courses meet Monday through Friday; the summer courses meet Monday through Thursday. Students are required to take 1,500 hours of course work (equivalent to three semesters) prior to testing. Licenses will be issued upon satisfactory completion of state examinations. Program graduates have an excellent reputation for finding employment and being successful in their chosen careers. Click here to learn more about the department's records retention policy.
Program leading to an Operator Certificate may include the following courses:
- Orientation to Cosmetology
- Salon Development
- Artistry of Hair, Theory and Practice
- Principles of Hair Coloring and Theory
- Principles of Skin Care/Facials
- Preparation for TDLR Exam
- Fundamentals of Cosmetology
- Introduction to Haircutting and Related Theory
- Chemical Reformation and Theory
- Manicuring and Related Theory
- Advanced Cosmetology Technology
Program leading to an Instructor Certificate* may include the following courses:
- Orientation to Instruction of Cosmetology
- Cosmetology Instructor I, II, III & IV
- Instructional Theory and Clinic Operation
*A student who wishes to apply for the Cosmetology Instructor Certificate must first be a state-licensed cosmetologist.
Program leading to AAS (Associate of Applied Science) degree anticipated to be available beginning Fall 2014 (pending SAC's approval).
For more information:
Contact Charlotte Speegle at (325) 794-4411 or Mindy Ross at (325) 794-4408.
To be considered for admission to the Cosmetology program, interested persons should:
- Complete application to the college
- Contact Tonya Maxwell or Charlotte Speegle, division chair, for more information.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants for admission to this program must fulfill the general requirements for admission to the College. The procedure for seeking admission to the College follows:
- Complete the Cisco College application
- Complete the Cosmetology application
- Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Prospective students should also remember that acceptance by Cisco College does not guarantee admission into specific occupational programs. Additional factors considered for admission may be a satisfactory record in high school or college, placement tests and other criteria.
National Statistics For This Career Field