VCT: Virtual College of Texas
The Virtual College of Texas is a collaboration of many community and technical colleges in Texas where online courses are shared in a provider-host model.
Note: Cisco College charges a non-refundable $50 VCT fee in addition to standard tuition and fees for each seat reserved in a VCT course.
Deadline for VCT submission for a reservation is one week prior to the first day of class. Register before the deadline by completing the VCT Course Reservation Request Form.
VCT Reservation Procedure
- Check the Cisco College course schedule for available courses to determine if Cisco College is offering the course you need. Students have the opportunity to register at Cisco College to take credit classes from other colleges whenever a Cisco College online class is full or not offered during the semester needed.
- Select a course from the Cisco College approved VCT course schedule - VCT courses available. Check the drop down box at the top of the page to see the semester needed. Since these courses are already approved, requests for courses from this list can be processed quickly.
- Or, select a course from the VCT Statewide Schedule. Requests for courses from this schedule are subject to approval which may take several days to obtain. Note that the course must be listed in the Cisco College catalog.
- After locating the VCT course you want, submit the VCT Course Reservation Request Form. The VCT Coordinator will contact you by phone to review your request
- If you have any questions, email the VCT Coordinator or call (254) 442-5008.
- Review Frequently Asked Questions for additional information.
- Attention Cisco College Staff/Dependents: VCT classes are not available for the Staff and/or Dependent Scholarship. If you or your dependent want to take a VCT class, the full tuition will be charged.
The Virtual College of Texas' Host-Provider Model of operations has been approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the accrediting agency for higher education institutions in the southern region of the United States.