Go Cisco Card Policy
Go Cisco Card MasterCard Debit Student ID Card
To enhance a more user-friendly environment for students, faculty, and staff by providing a high quality, single card system that allows efficient access to all card-related services throughout Cisco College and to seek new and expanded uses of the card through improved, advanced technology.
The policy has a college-wide applicability.
Terms are defined as needed within this document.
The Go Cisco Card is the official Cisco College picture ID card. In addition to identifying the relationship with Cisco College, the card provides access to campus events and activities, residence halls/other buildings, meal plans, and the library. Meal plans may only be used via the ID card or cash must be used to purchase a meal.
1. Who qualifies for a card?
- Faculty & Staff - Permanent employees of Cisco College, defined as receiving benefits, are entitled to a free Go Cisco Card as a condition of their employment.
- Emeriti - Any individual that has been given an Emeriti status by Cisco College is entitled to a free ID card as a courtesy of past employment.
- College Board - Any member of the College Board is entitled to a free card.
- Others - Any Cisco College affiliate member on-campus is entitled to a free ID card.
2. Expiration of GO CISCO Card
ID Cards are valid while cardholder still has an active status with the College.
3. Policy on ID Picture taking
For ID card pictures Cisco College requires individuals to remove any items not worn as part of their daily appearance (i.e. prescription eyeglasses). The only exceptions are items worn for cultural and religious reasons. All bandannas, hats, sunglasses and/or visors, etc. are to be removed before picture is taken.
4. Card Fee Structure:
- Student's First Card - The first Go Cisco Card is free for all students. This includes the cost of the card and administrative cost associated with production.
- Students Replacement Cards - Students needing a replacement Go Cisco Card will be charged a $5 replacement fee. Replacement cards may be purchased anytime during normal business hours in the Student Life Building (Cisco Campus) and the Front Desk (Abilene Education Center).
- Faculty/Staff/Others - Faculty and Staff are entitled to a free replacement card.
- Free Replacement cards for cardholders:
- Extreme hardship cases - very rare; apartment fire for example
- If the card is not returned by the ATM during a transaction
5. Responsibilities as a Cardholder
- Deactivating or Reinstating your Go Cisco Card - Faculty/Staff, Students, and other college cardholders do not have to surrender their cards upon discontinuing their employment/association with Cisco College. We have an automatic privilege assignment/removal process to enable or disable the ID card. If the card has the banking option, disabling the card would not deactivate the banking feature of the card.
- Reporting a Lost/Stolen Card - To report a lost or stolen card, please call 1-866-348-3435, 24 hours a day. The College provides replacement service of ID cards during operational hours (8 AM - 4 PM, M - F). The cards can be replaced at the Card ID office. If the ID card is also an ATM card, the individual will be asked their social security number and birth date for verification purposes before the card is canceled.
6. Information Sources
Website address: www.cisco.edu
E. Effective Date