Cisco College is a participant in the TxVSN through the Virtual College of Texas. The 80th Texas Legislature passed Senate Bill 1788, authorizing the Texas Education Agency to establish and administer a state virtual school network to provide education to students through electronic means. An electronic course is defined as a course in which instruction and content are delivered primarily over the Internet; a student and teacher are in different locations for a majority of the student's instructional period; most instructional activities take place in an online environment; the online instructional activities are integral to the academic program; extensive communication between a student and a teacher and among students is emphasized; and a student is not required to be located on the physical premises of a school district or open-enrollment charter school.
A schedule of TxVSN classes available through Cisco College can be found at http://www.txvsn.org/portal/.
In order for students to participate in TxVSN through Cisco College, the student must complete the enrollment process.
Steps to Enroll for Dual Credit Through TxVSN
- Complete the Cisco College online application
- Print and complete the residency questionaire
- Obtain a Letter of Permission from the principal listing which courses may be taken and the high school courses that will be credited
- Submit proof of your passing ACCUPLACER test scores or if exempt, your ACT, SAT or TAKS test scores.
- An official high school transcript may be used if the exempting test scores are posted on the transcript
- Pay tuition & fees prior to the first class day of the college semester.
- Note: for a full refund a student must withdraw prior to the start of the semester.
- Obtain the required textbooks for the course.
- For some dual credit courses, the high school may provide the textbook, otherwise a student is responsible to have the textbooks and any required supplies for the course.
- A student may purchase textbooks and any required supplies from the course owner.
- Information for purchasing the textbook through the course owner will be provided in a confirmation/information email the student will receive upon registration for the course.
For more information please contact: