Enrollment Verification: Students may request an official verification of enrollment from the Enrollment Services Office. Click here to access the Request for Enrollment Verification Form.
6 Drop Rule: By
state law, all students enrolling for the first time at any Texas
public college or university after Fall 2007 will be limited to six
course withdrawals (drops) during their academic career. Drops
include those initiated by students or faculty and withdrawals from
courses at other Texas public institutions. This policy does not apply
to courses dropped prior to census day or to complete withdrawals from
When you register:
- See your advisor
- Choose your courses carefully
Before you drop:
- Discuss options with your professor
- See your Counselor
Use campus resources such as tutoring and computer labs.
Graduation: Enrollment Management provides certification of eligibility for graduation, processes applications for graduation with honors, and provides information concerning diplomas and commencement exercises. Commencement exercises are held in May of each year. Prospective graduates should meet with a counselor to file for graduation. When meeting with a counselor potential graduates should complete and submit the graduation application. Click here to access the graduation application. Graduation announcement may be purchased through Jostens at www.Jostens.com
COMMENCEMENT INFORMATION FOR GRADUATION CANDIDATES
Candidates for 2017 Commencement
May 5, 2017 - 7:00 P.M.
Harrell Fine Arts Auditorium, Cisco Campus
The deadline to apply for commencement is March 10, 2017. No commencement graduation applications will be accepted after March 10th. Graduation applications will not be processed unless the graduation fee has been paid. Payment must be made at the time of application.
Graduation gowns will be available for pickup beginning on April 24th. They can be picked up in the Admissions Office at Cisco or at the Abilene Educational Center.
The time you’ve
been waiting for is almost here! Graduation is obviously a very
important milestone in your lives and usually very hectic. Please help commencement to run smoothly by adhering to the following guidelines:
- All holds/balances must be cleared before your diploma will be mailed.
- Check your gown for correct size. If the gown does not fit properly, please contact the Cisco Admissions office (254-442-5134) ASAP.
- If you press your gown do not use a hot iron.
- Pin the tassel on the right side of the mortarboard as far back from the front as the cord will allow. Place the pin through the knob on the tassel. Tassels are not moved to the left side. Please wear your hat where the top is straight and flat.
- Do NOT wear flip-flops. Please wear shoes that will allow you to easily walk up and down stairs without a fear of finding yourself in an embarrassing situation.
- There is no secure place to leave personal belongings, so please make arrangements accordingly.
- All candidates are required to attend classes through Friday, May 5, 2017.
- All candidates should be at practice Wednesday, May 3th at 2:00 P.M. in the Harrell Fine Arts auditorium on the Cisco campus. Practice will enable you to get to and from the stage correctly. It will also establish the proper seating arrangement.
- Meet in the Harrell Fine Arts Building in your designated room on Friday, May 5th by 6:15 P.M. There will be a list on the wall by the men’s restroom stating which room you will be in upstairs-either room 201 or room 215.
- PHI THETA KAPPA MEMBERS- Your stole will be included with your grown.
- When you arrive in your designated room upstairs, you will be placed in the proper line order. Please stay in line so that everyone arrives to the proper seat on stage. We realize that the time spent waiting in line is long and boring, but it is necessary to start the exercises on time. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Diplomas will be mailed to the address on your graduation application. If your mailing address changes from the address you listed on your graduation application, please notify Shirley Dove in the Admissions office on the Cisco Campus: (254) 442-5134 or email@example.com. If you do not receive your diploma within six weeks after the ceremony, please contact Shirley as soon as possible.
- Candidates who do not participate in the graduation ceremony must take ALL FINALS, or RECEIVE A GRADE OF “F” IN ALL COURSES.
- There will be a reception in the library immediately following the graduation ceremony. Family and friends are welcome.
Congratulations on your achievement!
Student Records/Academic Status: Enrollment Management personnel assist students in computing grade point averages, removing incomplete (I) grades and posting transfer credit for continuing students.
Suspension: Students placed on suspension are suspended from attending Cisco College for one long semester. They may meet with a counselor to register for summer classes. Students who wish to appeal their suspension may appeal by submitting the Appeal Form.
Transcripts: Students who have met all monetary and non-monetary obligations can obtain official Cisco College transcripts at no charge. Click here to request transcripts.
Withhold Directory Information: Students may request that directory information be withheld from the public as appropriate in accordance the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). To withold directory information, complete and return the non-disclosure form to Enrollment Management.