The Virtual College of Texas is a collaboration of many community and technical colleges in Texas where online courses are shared in a provider-host model.
Note: Cisco College charges a non-refundable $50 VCT fee in addition to standard tuition and fees for each seat reserved in a VCT course.
Deadline for VCT submission for a reservation is one week prior to the first day of class. Register before the deadline by completing the
VCT Course Reservation Request Form.
VCT Reservation Procedure:
Reservation requests may be submitted for online courses offered through the Virtual College of Texas (VCT) by following these instructions:
- You must be a Cisco College student (complete CC's online application and enrollment checklist). Your high school transcripts and any college transcripts may be faxed to: (254) 442-1449/Attention: Krista Heath. Signed request forms may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Cisco College, Attn: Transcript Clerk, 101 College Heights, Cisco, TX 76437.
- Check the Cisco College course schedule for available courses to determine if Cisco College is offering the course you need.
- If Cisco College is not currently offering the course online or it is offered but is full, then you may request a reservation in a course offered through the Virtual College of Texas.
- Select a course from the Cisco College approved VCT course schedule - VCT courses available. Check the drop down box at the top of the page to see the semester needed. Since these courses are already approved, requests for courses from this list can be processed quickly.
- Or, select a course from the VCT statewide schedule at www.vct.org. Requests for courses from this schedule are subject to approval which may take several days to obtain. Note that the course must be listed in the Cisco College catalog. Students will be notified via email when the approval or non-approval is made.
- Verify that you have met all of the course prerequisites and make note of textbook information, orientation dates, or requirements to contact the instructor.
- Submit a VCT Course Reservation Request Form. After submitting the form, students will receive an initial phone call from the VCT Coordinator and several email messages:
- A message stating that a VCT reservation has been made.
- An email stating that the VCT course has been added to your course schedule through Campus Connect.
- Textbooks for VCT classes are not available in the Cisco College Bookstore. Textbooks can be ordered through the Provider College' bookstore or any outside source that stocks the book. Please note that the textbook should be ordered at least 2 weeks prior to the first class day to allow for shipping time.
- If the course requires proctored testing, you will be able to take the proctored exams in a CC testing center in Cisco or Abilene.
- If you must withdraw from the VCT course, you must email the VCT Coordinator or call (254) 442-5008.
- If you have any questions, email the VCT Coordinator or call (254) 442-5008.
- Review Frequently Asked VCT Questions for more detailed information.
- Attention Cisco College Staff - VCT classes are not available for the Staff and/or Dependent Scholarship. If you want to take a VCT class, you will need to pay the full tuition for the class.
Benefits to students:
- They have access to a statewide online distance learning course schedule created by VCT's member colleges, making it less likely that they will not be able to take a critical course at a critical point.
- They are supported with quality, locally-delivered student services.
- They pay in-district tuition if they are in-district students, irrespective of which colleges provide courses taken through VCT.
- While courses from multiple colleges throughout Texas may be taken through VCT, all courses are maintained on a single transcript at the host college.
The Virtual College of Texas' Host-Provider Model of operations has been approved by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the accrediting agency for higher education institutions in the southern region of the United States.