Firefighter Certification - Basic (Abilene only)
The basic firefighter certification is designed to prepare students for careers as professional firefighters. The certificate meets the state curriculum requirements for certification as a basic firefighter in Texas. Students accepted into the program must also complete the basic emergency medical technician course in order to receive state certification. The EMT basic course is included in the curriculum. Fire Academy starts annually at the beginning of each fall semester.
To be considered for admission to the Fire Academy/Basic Firefighter Certification:
- Contact Mindy Ross (325)794-4408 for application
- Complete an application and turn in with required documents
**All paperwork is due by April 1st yearly.
College Admission Requirements
Applicants for admission to this program must fulfill the general requirements for admission to Cisco College. The procedure for seeking admission is:
- Complete the Cisco College application
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - ONLY IF IT APPLIES FOR THE PROGRAM OF INTEREST.
- Turn in Official Transcripts / GED (All transcripts from colleges or universities previously attended are required.)
- Prospective students should also remember that acceptance by Cisco College does not guarantee admission into specific occupational programs.
- Additional factors considered for admission may be a satisfactory record in high school or college, placement tests and other criteria.
For additional information or to find out how your company can participate in continuing education for your employees, call Charlotte Speegle (325) 794-4411 or Mindy Ross (325) 794-4408.
National Statistics For This Career Field