Persons interested in seeking a Vocational Nursing Certificate should:
- Fulfill the Cisco College requirements for admission; refer to college catalog.
- Submit all transcripts and/or GED scores.
- Take the ACCUPLACER or THEA. This should be College Ready or TSI Complete
- Have documentation of current immunizations—Hepatitis B series required or show serologic confirmation of immunity to Hepatitis B virus.
All candidates for admission who meet the minimal criteria for admission will be considered. However, the number of applicants normally exceeds the number of students who can be admitted to each class. Preference for admission is determined by the balance of the following factors:
- Number of support, technical, academic, and/or pre-requisite courses completed
- The nursing Admission Exam, HESI, must be taken prior to admission as a determination for entry. A score of 75% or greater is required; one re-take is allowed
In addition to the above mentioned factors, additional components may be considered.
National Statistics For This Career Field