Cisco College Wrangler Cheer
Cisco College Cheer Program is designed to help cheerleaders improve on
existing skills and to learn more advanced skills. The program emphasizes proper
technique prior to increasing the level of difficulty. Practice
time is divided between 4 major categories: cheers/chants, jumps, stunting, and
tumbling. Athletic conditioning is
worked in throughout each week. Cisco College Cheer supports all of our athletic programs. The squad cheers at all home football, volleyball, and basketball games. To support the other sports, the squad attends games and cheers from the stands.
So you want to cheer, now what?
- Accepted or in the process of being accepted into Cisco College
- Minimum of 2.0 GPA
- Try-out fee of $10.00 (non-refundable)
- Mandatory NCA summer camp attendance (July 23-25, 2014)
Why Cheer at Cisco College?
- Standing back handspring or better
- Running back handspring or better
- 2 stunts judged on execution (must use a current cheerleader or one trying out)
- Partner stunts: minimum of toss-to-hands or close to having it (not everybody is required to partner stunt)
- Small student-teacher ratio
- Affordable quality education
- Small campus environment
- Friendly atmosphere
- Dormitory life
- Small community
- Small city close to bigger cities
- 40 minutes from Abilene
- 90 minutes from Fort Worth
- Travel Opportunities
Scholarships are available! The amount awarded is based on experience upon entering the program.
101 College Heights